Saturday, October 20, 2012

Deathwing - WoW Factor


The WoW Factor came to the Deathwing server a few weeks ago. It was very fun, and rather interesting. Everyone met in Silvermoon and our hosts hopped on Twitch TV, Elvine's channel, so we could all listen to their commentary as they judged transmog sets. You can check all the winners and read more commentary on WoW Roleplay Gear


Here's everyone getting started. More people trickled in through the show and the nice neat circle got pretty messy. They had to ask people several times to step back. Lots of people used fun little gimmicks to get noticed such as Elder's Moonstones to light themselves up or Darkmoon Firewater to make themselves bigger. One hunter was dropping flares at her feet to make herself fiery.

I was expecting something a little more organized with a first, second, third, and grand place winner and all that. Instead the way they did it was much more fun and rewarding. They simply selected people who's transmog caught their eye, discussed what worked with that outfit and what didn't and decided on a prize amount usually from 1k - 4k gold. After they did that they then select the "Top Six". Three got Blizzard Store mounts and the other three got an extra 2k each. There was also a special prize of a Blizzard Store pet that was selected solely by Brylinn, one of the sponsors.

I had the unexpected pleasure of being selected to win that nice new pet! I used the new pet UI to search blizzard store pets and see which ones I didn't have. I selected the gryphon baby! Unfortunately, the in game UI doesn't tell you that you only get that if you buy the plushy! Dang it! Second choice was the baby moonkin. I wore my smooth gold set and won with that. I think that was my favorite and hardest set I've ever put together. I'm glad Brylinn liked it!

We even had an alliance show up. She mostly lay dead in the middle of the room the whole time. Talk about a motivated spectator! I think she was wearing the cindercloth set...kind of hard to tell when they're curled up in that death position.
Looking forward to next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment